Sunday, May 29, 2011

That's what she said

Elena is quite the little chatterbox these days - part being a 3 1/2 year old, part that's just her personality. She talks non-stop from the time she gets up in the morning (difficult because I am NOT a morning person and am often being dragged out of bed by a very chatty, ready to go Elena :)) until she goes down at night. The fun side of the constant chatter is the hilarious things that come out of her mouth as her vocabulary and her imagination grow. Here's a little sampling of some of things we've heard that have had us chuckling:

**********************

One day, Eric stopped home for lunch between classes and work. Eric, Elena, and I were sitting down together at the table eating our lunch and Eric made some comment about the apples on my plate. A minute later, Elena stopped eating and said, smiling,

"Someday when I am a wife to Prince Jacques (don't know where Prince Jacques came from, but it is who she always talks about marrying), I will make him lunch with cute apples like yours on his plate - when I am a wife."

"Oh, you will, huh?"

"Yes, when I am married and have lots of money, I will do that."

"How will you get money, Elena?" Eric asked.

"Well, you draw it and then you have lots of money and we will go to the temple and get married and I will be a wife and we will have lots of money."

************************

Elena: "My baby's having a birthday and she will turn five."

Me: "Wow! Five is very old!"

Elena: "No, five isn't very old. Sixteen is old. That is very old!"

***********************

"Mom, you're so smart all my life."

************************

Elena (on the potty): "Mom, I did it!!"

Me (who didn't hear anything): Oh, good job! Was it just a little tinkle? I didn't hear anything?"

Elena: "No, it was a big, fat poop. It was a big, fat one!"

***********************

"Mom, you should grow me a baby brother."

***********************

"Dad, I'm sorry. It was all my fault. I will make it up to you."

***********************

Elena to me as I'm helping her sit down for dinner: "Mom! How many times do I have to tell you not to eat with your space helmet on??!!"

7 comments:

syellen said...

Geez, Briana. What were you thinking? Eating with your space helmet on...really? Come on. :)

Christy said...

my faves: that elena is going to be LOADED when she gets married (holla!) and that you should grow her a baby brother. also the space helmet one. sooo funny.

(and speaking of the baby brother thing... i was telling one of my friends about how sophie was sad our baby isn't a girl and she said her little girl was the opposite-- they just had their third girl and the oldest is having a really hard time with the fact that it's not a boy! i guess we all want what we don't have. :) )

Liz said...

That's hilarious, Briana! Especially the space helmet! I'm still laughing. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

These are awesome! Just so you know, the girl potty praise never ends... Syd always has to announce how big her poos are :/ Grow her a baby brother - nice! and finally, space helmet. Need a pic of this!

Chelsie said...

She's got a fabulous imagination! And so funny!

Josh and Tara said...

She is so sassy and so cute! Love that girl :-)

Me said...

That girl is so dang funny! Thanks for sharing. :)

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06