Monday, May 2, 2011

We had to make it official

Eric graduated in December with his bachelors in Civil and Environmental Engineering, but there were no commencement/convocation exercises until April. Even though he actually just finished his first semester as a graduate student, Eric still wanted to walk in graduation this month. We had to celebrate the huge accomplishment it was for him to get his bachelor degree after all those years of hard work. And we've never been ones to miss an excuse to party. :)

We had a wonderful two days celebrating Eric's graduation - it was a good test run, too, for next year. :) Thursday was commencement and Elder Richard G. Scott spoke- he also was the speaker at commencement when I graduated - what are the chances?? Friday was the individual college convocation where he actually "walked" and had his name read. Way to go again, Babe! We're so proud of all your hard work and your cute knowledge. ;)


Eric Hoffman, Civil Engineer - so hot right now. (I love you if you got that quote.)

Some of his many supporters. :) Thanks to everyone who took time off to celebrate with us.





This sight made me so darn happy and smiley.

"Walking" in convocation


And this one just had to be thrown in for fun.
Convocation lasted quite a while (who knew that the Engineering and Technology department could be more wordy than the Social Science department? :)) and Elena and her cousins went outside to blow off some steam. First off, look how sunny and beautiful of a day it was! I have to point that out because our spring has been very winterlike so far. Secondly, this is Elena and her cousin, Sophie pretending to be "evil queens" (their words - who knows?). :)


And now on to the black robe (a.k.a. the Masters Degree)!!



(first days pictures are mine, second days pictures courtesy of the one and only Christy)

17 comments:

syellen said...

Zoolander

We would have liked to have been there, but I never heard or saw when it was going to be.

I'm glad you guys had a good time and way to go Eric! Congrats!

Jenny said...

Way to go Eric! It looks like it was a beautiful day! Love the picture of Elena and Sophie. Priceless. Miss you guys.

Liz said...

I also love that picture of Eric walking with Elena and Lily. And I'm glad your family photos turned out. Such a great day! I'm glad we could be a part of it :) (Even if the sandwiches were gone.)

Congrats again!

Amy said...

YEA ERIC!! I loved these pictures! Your dress is so cute too!! Also, I saw my dad in the pictures of Eric "Walking." (he's a professor in Mechanical Engineering). I love that photo of Elena and her cousin! So cute!!

Anna said...

Awesome! Congratulations. Love the evil queen picture, and for some reason Clara plays that game too. It must be a 3/4 year old thing.

Christy said...

hip hip hooray! congratulations eric! i love the picture of him and the girls walking. graduations are so exciting. i'm glad we could be there.

Us'ens said...

So very proud of you Eric! We know your arrival to that "walk" has not come without much trial & tribulation, but "YEA" for keeping on keeping on!!!
Love, Love, Love the pics!! I'm so thankful that you had family that was able celebrate the great accomplishment with all of you!
The pics of the two cousins...too cute!!
Hugs to all! We love you!

Courtney said...

Yay! Congratulations! Such a big accomplishment, I'm sure it feels amazing.

lea said...

Such an awesome accomplishment fro your whole family...especially after this past year. Your family pictures were beautiful...you all look so happy. You are truly blessed!

lea said...

PS-Love Zoolander. Looks like Elenas cousin is attempting the Blue Steel... :)sooo cute.

emuhle said...

was that blue steel or magnum? either way, congratulations! that is such an accomplishment, and so exciting that it will happen again in only a year!

The Reil Family said...

big congrats to eric and you look gorgeous by the way!

Bill Hastings said...

Congrats, Eric! Great family pix, too. It was nice to see you in March.

Lisa said...

Congrats to Eric & his rooting family! Love the family pics. and the evil queens :)

Mireya said...

Woohoo what a great accomplishment!! Congrats to Eric! Civil Engineering is tough stuff!

Chandler Marie said...

zoolander no questions young one

Jenna said...

Hi Elena!
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. U are a brave, courageous, strong, and determined fighter. You are an inspirational Hero, a Brave Warrior and a Smilen Champion!
Congrats on your daddy graduating.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06