I have recently become obsessed with Adele. I first heard about her music from the fitness blog I follow, but I didn't really get hooked until hearing more of her songs at Camp a few weeks ago. Man, oh man - delightful stuff. If you haven't heard her music yet (but you probably have because I am always the last one to discover these things - haha), let me introduce you to two of my favorites:
and
***********************
Can you believe it's August already? That means we're officially on the downward slope of the year. I can't believe how this year has flown by. It's been unlike any other. Summer is officially waning. Yesterday, I looked out the window at 8:45 and it was dark outside. It has been a really nice summer though - here's to the last few weeks!
************************
Speaking of it being August, that means that Eric graduates (for good!) in EIGHT MONTHS. I'm really trying to work more on living in and enjoying the moment rather than wishing for things to come. Because I realize now more than ever that the moment all we really have. But, I can't help being really, really excited for this time next year. Eric will be graduated and Elena's treatments will be ending. I've enjoyed 2011 quite a bit, but by all present accounts, 2012 is looking absolutely stellar. Hope for the future is important, too, right?
.
************************
I started physical therapy yesterday for back pain that has been lingering for almost a month now. It is the silliest injury in the world - I strained my back unloading cases of water from our truck when we were setting up for the CureSearch walk. I want to go back to July 9th and kick myself about 10 times. It has seriously derailed my workouts. But, the good news is that the doctor and the physical therapist both gave me the green light to get back into some stuff as long as it isn't hurting- cycling, walking, running, some strength training, some pilates, etc. I have been working hard for the last year or so and I have finally gotten to the point where I really, really love a good, hard, sweaty workout - I actually crave it. Oh well, I guess this is my several hundred dollar extra contribution to the CureSearch walk. Ha!
************************
So, these pictures were obviously taken before Elena cut her hair, but they're pretty recent. As part of my dad's father's day present we got the cousins together for a picture. These are the three little cousins on my side of the family. The two on the left you already know and the cutie on the right is my niece, McKenzie. The girls are winning 3-0, so far. The girls were good sports considering it was a windy, 50 something degree almost June afternoon (we had the craziest start to summer this year!) and their dinner was being held hostage in exchange for a decent picture. Kidding, kidding. :) It is no mean feat to get one preschooler, a toddler, and a baby to hold still and all look pleasant at the same time.
8 comments:
Cute photos! Isn't it wonderful to look ahead just a bit and see such a bright shining light at the end of this dark tunnel you've been in?! (And don't even think about it being a train coming!) You've worked so hard and sacrificed so much--and you're almost there!
Your poor back! It seriously makes me so bugged. I hate it when stupid accidents happen that disrupt your routine. Your little girls are SO cute! I haven't listened to the music, I'm going to do it now. I've never heard of her, so I'm even more sheltered than you. :)
I hate to say this, but I just realized I have heard that first song a gazillion times. You are the more sheltered one. Let's go running. :)
Time does fly!! Sweetie, if you have a pic of the two girls in the kimonos that Eric brought back from China...I know you posted one of each of them, but I'd like one of them together...what precious little ones (all three of them!).
Oh, and enjoy your time with Private Brimley, we sure did!! What an amazing Graduation!! You guys missed a real treat!! Give everyone hugs for us!! ;))
So jealous that you crave a sweaty workout!!
Hopefully your back is back up and running soon!!
i've never heard that second song before. i like it.
this summer went by so fast. i'm actually really happy mine won't be ending for a while, because with all the craziness in our life this summer, i'd feel totally jipped if it were over in a few weeks!
that is so crazy about your back! and i am inspired by your working out skills. you look so good! did i tell you that tom found a game for the playstation move that is zumba? i might be getting it for my birthday. never before did i think i would want a video game for my birthday! :) i'm getting excited to have this baby and get in shape!!
cute little ladies. lily is looking so old!
WHERE ARE YOU, BRIANA??? and what on earth happened to my comments?
Is everyone there ok? Haven't heard from you for quite awhile! I need a Hoffman fix!! Love & Hugs!
Post a Comment