Well, boy.... if I felt that feeling at all last year, I feel it ten times as much this year. I don't know why I feel it so much more this year. Maybe it's because we've seen a lot of loss this year and I have seen firsthand that each birthday these cancer kids get to celebrate IS really special. Whatever the case may be, it is a miracle that we are celebrating her second birthday since diagnosis and that she has made it to four! Through the grace of God and the amazing advances in cancer research and treatments, she is here with us. If we lived 20 or 30 years ago, we would likely not be celebrating this birthday with her. I'm so grateful to have my sweet, crazy, smart, brave, always-keeping-me-on-my-toes Elena! She is such a joy to us!
Happy Birthday, sweets! Here's to many, many more!

11 comments:
Happy birthday Elena!
Happy Birthday My sweet girl... Grammie loves you to the moon and back ... babee!
see you soon
Yay!!!
We will be thinking of you all day!
Happy Birthday Elena!!!
Happ, Happy 4th Birthday, Elena!! We love you so much & wish we could be there to celebrate with all of you!! Have a wonderful day!! GGramma Lori & GGrampa Dave
Happy Birthday Elena!!!!!!
happy birthday elena!!! we sure love you! sophie keeps asking if we get to see you on your birthday. we are sorry that we don't get to, but are thinking about you lots today (and hoping our new baby can share your day! cross your fingers, people).
i love that her favorite thing is when people watch her dance. that is so cute, and so totally elena!
also, i'm very impressed with the counting to 30. wow!!
happy happy birthday Elena!! she is darling, and welcome to come fold my laundry anytime! ;) and mutella?! that's what I'm talkin' about!!
Happy Birthday Elena!! We love you so much! <3
I hope Elena had a wonderful day! I'm sad to miss her big party, but will be thinking of her. And P.S. that photo looks so much like her daddy!
I really love that page, it is great. What a cute picture of her-she is such a sweetheart!
Post a Comment