There was lots of playing with cousins:
There was a baptism (our oldest nephew, Parker. We're so proud of him!):
There were Easter festivities:
And lots of good family time, in general.
And then, in light of impending joblessness (that's a story for another post) and many non-productive job applications (50+), those Hoffmans decided to take the horse by the reins and stop in person at all the structural engineering firms on the way home to Utah.
Well, maybe all of the structural firms on the way home was a bit of an ambitious goal. :) But several of them, at least. On daddy's side, there was hand shaking, introducing, impromptu interviewing, chasing down employers in their cars in the parking lot, etc. You know, all the usual job hunting "stuff".
And mommy, Elena, and Lily did a lot of waiting. And some more waiting. Sprinkled with some exploring, airplane watching, and a little aimless driving to try and stay cool in our non-air conditioned car in the 90+ degree weather. It was an adventure all around.
Around the end of the workday Monday, we arrived at an office in Tempe. And mommy and Elena and Lily waited a little more.

But something felt different. Really calm and yet exciting. Peaceful, but all "lit up". Mommy knows now that was the Spirit whispering to her, as it does on occasion right before something really big is going to happen.
And then Daddy came back to the car and the Hoffmans stopped at another office, grabbed some dinner, and drove the rest of the way home to settle back into life as usual.
But then the next day, Daddy got an e-mail. It had an official job offer from that company in Tempe. Tempe, ARIZONA. And mommy felt all lit up and excited and knew it was right in spite of the fact that it was Arizona. :)
And now, to make a long story short (because we hardly have time to even breathe right now!). We are moving in a week (!!!!!) to start the next chapter of our lives in Arizona. In spite of my intense sadness to leave behind a place and people so dear to me, I just might be the happiest woman alive: Eric is graduating THIS week, we have a REAL job, and we're moving into a house (rented still, but a house! with a garage!), and Elena finishes up treatment in three months. Many more details will come later - and I'm sorry I'm not caught up with all of my dear friends and family - but in a few weeks, I'll be sitting all settled in with lots of time on my hands and be able to catch up with you all. Just wanted to share the latest!
(thanks to Christy for pictures #3, 4, 9, and 10 :))
26 comments:
Whoa!!!!! Looks like the Bains are slowly converting the masses to Arizona... But CONGRATULATIONS!!!! A job is nooooo small thing. Way to go for taking matters into you own hands. Good luck in this new adventure!
I am so so sad to lose you guys but more happy for you. Seriously- it's been a long time coming and you deserve some sweet fortune! Congratulations!
YAY! So happy you found something...even if it is ARIZONA. Good luck packing and moving...we're doing the same this week (although I've had about 3 weeks that I could have spent packing and didnt so I deserve all the stress!)
Like Amy, so sad, but happy for you. I hope all turns out to be wonderful; you deserve the best!
Oh yay, congratulations what an exciting new adventure!! Good luck with the move and I hope the transition goes super smooth!
I'm freaking out right now!!! We will only be 5-6 hours away from each other! Which means you best be makin' your way over for some SeaWorld fun and we don't mind crossing state lines ourselves!
Oh WOW!!! So excited and happy for you guys!!! Can't wait to read more, as you have time of course :)!! Good luck with everything!!
CONGRATS! That is so awesome, I love the weather down there, I am so jealous of the sunny weather you will get, congrats again! yay!
Soooo awesome! I love how the lord is always looking out for you guys! I only wish I lived nearby to help with the move, cuz we all know moving is CRAZY! Good luck, and we're all waiting for more updates when you're settled!
That is awesome! Congratulations!!!!!! Yay for the next phase of your life and good luck with the move. Nice to have family down there already too!!!!!!
Crazy! I love that you are all relocating to Arizona, so great to have family close! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Wow! Big changes so soon! I'm so thrilled for you guys! Best wishes with the busy next couple of weeks!!!
fun picture of sophie and lincoln! i like seeing all those of easter morning too. :) and how cool that you happened to take a picture of the place eric will be working.
and now i feel i must put in a few good words for arizona. i don't know that i would call it paradise (that's hawaii of course), but it has a few things going for it. they are:
1. november
2. december
3. january
4. february
5. march
6. april
7. batemans
8. bains
9. palm trees
10. lots o' mormons
11. six hours to san diego and only a few more to d-land
12. driving distance to utah
13. mesa temple-- lovely
14. lots of good people
15. great parks
16. swimming pools everywhere
17. lots of SUNSHINE! which is proven to make you happy.i think. :)
18. lots less sickness in our experience. i was sick all winter long in utah and hardly at all here.
this is a short list. it really is a good place to be and i hope you guys will be happy here. we are thrilled, as you know!
i meant fun picture of elena and lincoln. sophie and lincoln just rolls of the tongue. :)
We are so excited! Let us know when you are headed down, and good luck with getting here! Love you guys!
You know how much we will deeply miss you! But you also know how happy we are for you! How exciting! The stars are aligning for you, Hoffmans and we couldn't be happier! Please oh please let me know if you need any help. We can take Elena, or Lily, or both. I can come there and help you pack while the girls play. Whatever you need. Seriously, let me return the favor!
Dang and I don't have any time to put a get together before you go!
What is Eric doing with all of his clientele with lawn mowing? Maybe we'll start doing mowing! :)
yay for big and happy news! congrats! Good luck with move.
Congratulations to you!!! Please let us know if you would like someone to watch your girls as you both get settled- we live 5 minutes outside of Tempe!!
I am beyond happy for you guys!! What a wonderful way to start a new chapter of your lives...and off treatment!! I cant believe she will be off treatment in three months, thats incredible. She looks amazing and so do you!! Love you guys :)
Briana! I am thrilled for you guys. We will miss you so much, but we're so thankful that blogger and facebook can keep us updated on your family and of course, Elena, our greatest hero!
You and Eric are living right, that is why you're so blessed!
Oh my gosh! Briana!!! So many emotions right now!!! #1 I'm crying because we are going to be so far away from you guys. WOW we are really going to miss you! #2 I'm so jealous that you are moving to the best state in the USA...ARIZONA!!! I wish that we were moving there too. I miss my home state and know that you will love it. #3 Congrats on the new job and graduation. #4 How awesome that Elena is almost finished with her treatments. In the end we are so happy for you...we will just say that I'm only crying happy tears :-)
Oh my goodness! What an adventure! I'm so happy for you guys. Good luck with the move and congrats on the job!
We are so thrilled for you! We're waiting for an update. You must be SO tired. I thought of Eric starting work yesterday! Sure hope everything is going well. You more than deserve it!
I've been thinking about you guys! I hope your move went smoothly! We miss you already....seriously! I hope all goes well in your new life.
Wow! I haven't checked your blog for a little while, and am so surprised! Welcome to Arizona, and congratulations on all the good things happening! I hope we get to know you a little now that we live close by! If you haven't found a pediatrician yet, my hubby Steve opened up his own office a few months ago here in Gilbert. It's called All-Star Pediatrics, and is a super fun office. There's even a dance-themed room for little princesses like yours! Anyway, thanks for the blog, I love keeping tabs on your cute family!
Post a Comment