Sunday was Hoffman Day - our official family holiday! And a very merry Hoffman Day it was!
Eric and I blew up some balloons, on Saturday night, to greet the girls the next morning.
It was late at night when I got to the store and the only helium filled balloons they had said "Happy Birthday". :)
Sunday afternoon after church and naps, we started the celebration. Elena and Lily really got into the spirit of the day:
We had some fun with water balloons...
....watched our wedding video (which the girls wanted to keep watching over and over again after that) in lieu of pictures of our first date
....ate Venezuelan food - which I think will be the tradition from here on out. It makes sense since that's was the fare of the original Hoffman day!
Arepas.... get in my belly!
We love us some good arepas!
...then we made ice cream (tried to, at least :)),
...and finished off the night with a game of flashlight Hide and Seek and some snuggles.
Here's to seven happy years and many more fun-filled Hoffman Days to come! It's so fun to celebrate on days like this. It amazes us to see how our family continues to grow since that day seven years ago when Eric asked me out to Venezuelan food after a ward "linger longer" on a Sunday evening in August.

6 comments:
That's the cutest idea! How in the world did you come up with it?!
Oh my gosh, happy birthday balloon - cracks me up!
Happy Hoffman Day!
Happy Hoffman Day!! What a fun day and fun way to celebrate your family!
I just finished reading your post before this one as well... and WOW, you (and your families) strength and example are amazing! I love reading your blog, you write so well and I learn so much from you. So thank you for sharing and being such a great example to me!
such a fun tradition. happy hoffman day!
and you guys are going to have to make arepas for me sometime. i've never had them, can you believe it?
Grandmas LOVE blogs! You guys are nuts and wonderful! If only we would have known...we all could have celebrated! :-)
I have been so out of it all month and just caught up on your blog! You guys look too cute on your family holiday, such a great idea! We think about you guys all the time and I am amazed at your constant strength! So happy that Elena is done with treatment and still pray for you guys! I totally understand the aftershock and disbelief that comes after a trial (just never to your extreme!) I don't think you should ever feel like this shouldn't have formed you into something else, you are stronger and more alert then you ever would have been. You are a different person, just applied to "everyday life".
Post a Comment