I have such a good life and a dear little family. Which becomes extra apparent on happy days.
Saturday night, Eric took the girls to round up supplies for all my Sunday food requests (he has long since learned that food is the ultimate way to my heart and good graces) and I enjoyed an hour of solitude and uninterrupted work time around the house. When they came back home, I met them at the door and Elena was whispering very loudly to Eric, "Dad, where are the flowers?!" To which Eric was shaking his head furiously and then sighing exasperatedly. Keeping secrets with a five year old around is hit and miss.
A few minutes later, I was putting laundry away in the girls' room and Elena ran in to me and said, "Mom, Dad and I were just surprising you with a lady bug dish, not flowers."
"Oh, ok," I smiled.
And then a few minutes later back in the kitchen, I heard her whispering to Eric again, "Dad, I tricked Mom. I told her we got her a lady bug dish for her surprise!!" Followed by a little snickering. So tricksy, that one. :)
And then Sunday morning, she was bubbling over with excitement as she stayed by my side nearly the whole time I was getting ready in the bathroom to make sure she was there when I saw my surprise. I love that sweet girl.
We had a lovely day around these parts - some divine belgian waffles with strawberries and cream for breakfast, an invigorating day at church, a round of naps for everyone, lots of time spent with my favorite peeps, flowers, more delicious food for dinner and dessert, and several sweet notes and lots of sweet words from my dear husband and girls. They take good care of me.
During nap/quiet time, Elena uses hers and Lily's room, Lily takes over our room, and that left Eric and I the living room to sneak a nap in. But parenthood has made us grateful for what we can get and we happily seized the quiet time for a nap. While we were sleeping, Elena came out from quiet time and left this note on the couch next to me. :)
Working some more on being a mom - 26 weeks
Bacon wrapped teryaki chicken skewers (thank you forever, Christy, for introducing us to those) and tomatoes from our little tomato plant that hung on all winter!
Sunflowers (which are my favorite) and Lily's (for my Lily) and lots of yellow (for my Elena)
4 comments:
Okay, this Miss Elena is sounding so grown up, I feel like I am missing her entire life! Looks like a fabulous day-and you look GREAT in your prego picture!!
Happy Mothers' Day!!! Glad you were spoiled, you certainly earn it. And food is most certainly the best way to celebrate any ocassion.
Love Elena trying to keep a secret! So cute. So typical. And sometimes, a little frustrating! I'm glad you had a great day, and I can't wait to see you soon!
I love the 5 year old secret keeping skills. Glad your mothers day was awesome. Food is the best and your meal looks divine.
Post a Comment