Thursday, August 20, 2015

Kate's 2nd Birthday

Again this year we had a little birthday celebration for Kate at the cemetery. I really love that we eat doughnuts and those nasty nacho cheese Doritos for her birthday. :) It makes me happy. The silly food reminds me of when I was pregnant with Kate and also lends a bit of a festive feeling to our little gathering. It just feels very "Kate" - because she was full of personality and spunk. Crazy, random food just fits. 

August 4th and the week or so leading up to it was hard again. Not the same hard as last year, but hard. I can't wait until I can see that girl again. My heart longs for her.
  
We each picked out a birthday flower for her grave. 


Some family gathered to celebrate and remember with us. Thanks to family and friends who celebrated and remembered from afar!

Lily's balloon all ready for our balloon release. Cute, big girl!

Cute cousin Sam really enjoyed his balloon! (And I enjoy his adorableness!)


Doughnuts and Doritos ready to go.

Balloons away for our baby girl!



 I thought Elena and Jo were super sweet. One thing I love is how Kate is very much still present in our family - as much as she can be right now. I love that the girls know her and talk about her and tell people that they have another sister. We are all excited to see her again.

This year Hyrum joined us on the outside of my belly for the party. :) 

And then on Monday, August 10th, we took some lilies to Kate's grave to mark the anniversary of her burial. 


Happy Birthday, Kate! We are two years closer to all being together again.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you were able to go and be at Kate's grave for those special days. You and your family are beautiful!!

I was so happy to get your comment on my blog post, even if that blog post is a year behind what's happening now!! I need to do some serious catching up!

Courtney said...

What a beautiful celebration. So wonderful that so many could be together to celebrate Kate.

Amy and Mike said...

Such a beautiful family celebrating such a beautiful life! I can't believe how much the girls have grown, and hyrum is such a cutie!
We continue to pray for your healing and peace. I love that you can feel kate's presence in your family. Much love!

Liz said...

It was wonderful to be with you that day. I love how you celebrate, and I love that we are able to be a part of it. I especially remember watching those balloons climb higher and higher until the last one was out of sight. Happy Birthday, Kate!

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06