Life carries on at a frenzied pace. There is some that is hard and scary and
much that is beautiful and good. But on nights like tonight, time slows down to a crawl and I really feel my mortality. Two years down.... and I try not to think about how many more there may be until I get to be with my baby again. Because tonight it feels like every second of those remaining years will pass by as achingly slow as they feel right now. I miss my baby. I wish her beautiful face and chubby limbs and two year old antics could be here right now. How perfectly she'd fit in with her brother and sisters! What would she look like? What silly, saucy things would she say that would have us shaking our heads and suppressing smiles? Tonight, I will light a candle to keep her close. Tomorrow I will look at her pictures and hold the clothes she wore and the blanket that still smells just a bit like her and sing a little birthday song and yearn, as always, for the day I can see her again.
Happy 2nd Birthday, Sweet Kate! I love you so much!
6 comments:
Briana... I love you. I can't find the words to say what's in my heart. Just know I love you and Eric and I can only imagine how much you are missing Kate, especially today.
Happy birthday Kate Nicole.
Thinking of you. My sweet Anita Beth came and left on October 4, 1977. I know that she is safe in God's care until I get to see her again but I miss her every day
Thinking of you and Kate and your whole family today. Wish she were here. Sending lots of love.
Happy late birthday, angel Kate! There isn't much time that goes by that I don't think of the Hoffman family. Love to you all.
What a sweet post. I was thinking about your family on that day, praying for you. I often think about your family and wonder how you're doing!
Briana, your words are always so raw, so sweet, so real, so poignant. Thank you for sharing the tender feelings of your heart. I love you and also look forward to seeing Kate.
Post a Comment