1. We are all well again. Can I just say two things: 1. we have been made believers in flu shots. I've always been skeptical before, but next year we will be getting them. $40-$50 for a couple of shots is a lot better than $400 in co-pays and prescriptions! and 2. I thought this before, but am now thoroughly convinced that anyone with more than one child is a living miracle and my hero. When we were sick, I thought over and over, "How the heck am I ever going to be able to do this with more than one kid??? Are we really sure that we want a big family?" Seriously, how do you be sick and take care of multiple kids at the same time? Like, I said - you're my hero!!
2. Eric now has every Friday off. (Well, from work, at least.) Woohoo! We'll enjoy it while it lasts. :)
3. A nearby competition is coming up this Saturday for those of you who have expressed interest - American Fork High School, 5 pm. There are a lot of SWEET shows! You should come check them out!
4. We received some very sad news today. We just found out that a really good friend from Eric's mission passed away. He was a police officer killed in the line of duty. The circumstances were absolutely tragic. And to top it all off, he left behind a young wife and new baby. Besides being incredibly sad, it is a very sobering thing to think that someone Eric's age, who he actually served with on his mission has already passed away. Life is a funny thing.
5. I saw this quote today and liked it and thought I would share:
"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself." — C.S. Lewis
6. Elena has at least three molars and is learning new words every day. Recently: "what's zat?"(what's that), "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom" (right now, it's just too dang cute - how can you not respond to that call?), "mine", "pease" (please), "clock", "this", "beep", "mowww" (meow), "woof", "cheap" (like a bird call), "no", "oh no", "yessss", "doh, doh, doh!" (go, go, go!), "bye", "HI!!!", "wowww", and lots more. It's so fun to hear what each new day brings. Language explosion, here we come!
7. Eric is officially getting laid off at the end of this month. We've known for a little while that it was coming, but it still doesn't seem real. We're not sure what he's going to do for work, but we're toying with starting Greengo up again. It's so hard to know what to do in this economy! So, we'll see. In a way its kind of exciting to think that he probably won't have to wake up so early anymore, he'll get to finish school, and that we might have a little more time together (like those fun, struggling newly-married days). But, also, in a way, it totally stinks to not know how we're going to pay the bills in a little while. It's so hard to be in such a state of limbo right now (as I'm sure many of you know right now, too)! Thankfully, though, lately I have had an overwhelming feeling of peace - that no matter how this turns out, we are going to be ok. We'll keep you posted.
Glow Stick Baby
2 days ago
5 comments:
So sorry about Eric's mission friend. I know what you mean when you say that it brings it all home. I remember when my college roommate died just a few years after I lived with her, leaving behind a husband and a couple of kids. It's just not supposed to happen that way.
As for taking care of multiple kids when you're sick, all I can say is that you just do it! I honestly felt like I was given an amazing endowment of good health during those years because I was trying hard to take care of the little ones. (And I know that isn't the case with everyone.)
Laid off the end of the month--does this mean that the small group being left behind idea you mentioned to me has been abandoned? I'm glad you feel at peace. Things will work out. And as long as we're still alive, you don't need to worry about living on the streets! It would be crowded, crazy and chaotic, but you know you'd always be welcome to stay with us if you needed to.
We love you!
1. i feel that way all the time about having more than one kid. scary when you're only three months away from HAVING more than one kid. :) oh boy.
2. that is heartbreaking about eric's friend. it's always so weird to have someone die that you knew. makes death a lot more real.
3. good luck with the job hunt-- i'm sure things will work out, but it is scary. believe me, i know. :)
Thanks for the update Brianna. I am very glad you are all well again--being sick is absolutely no fun.
Sorry to hear about Eric's companion. I had a friend pass away in High School and it was pretty hard. Times like this help us realize the wonderful time we get to have together.
Keep it up!
When I was so sick the past couple of weeks, I wondered "how can I do this with even one kid!" So....I'm glad that you know that you can do it with one!! The others will come just one at a time. I'm glad that everyone is feeling better now, and am sorry to hear about Eric's companion-life is a funny thing. Keep us updated with the job situation.
It was fun to run into you at the track last night!!
FYI: I'm feeling better since our gloom and doom talk Tuesday night. I don't know, so much uncertainty and yet we have complete certainty in the gospel. So even though hard things might and will happen in our lives, it's okay. Somehow it will all be okay. And Jo has been asking for Ewena ALL DAY again:) It's pretty cute. I had to pull up pictures on the internet and we sat here for like 20 minutes looking at them. Jo's ready to start an "Ewena" Fan Club. As for the post: I also have started seriously questioning my ability to have very many children. It is soooo hard when your sick. Good thing they come one at a time. I hope we can come Saturday! So sad that I've never seen your guard perform. And good luck with the Job hunt!
Post a Comment