Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Little Devil


This is Elena- messy face, crazy hair, and all- trying to look holy with the scriptures after being a little terror during Family Home Evening. Just look at those eyes - totally filled with mischief.



This is probably bad to say, but sometimes I could swear the devil takes over her body each Monday night. Like last night, we tried singing songs with fun actions, looking at pictures, telling stories, etc, etc. But she would have nothing to do with any of it. She wouldn't even ackowledge us. She just ran around the living room like a crazy person and wouldn't respond to or look at us. Normally she's the sweetest thing and loves to do what we're doing and to listen to stories and sing songs.

Here's even more proof that she really was being a little devil: we were talking about prayer and for one part of the lesson, Eric did a little activity to talk about things we could pray about that we're thankful for. He filled a pillowcase with different things she likes- a baby doll, water bottle, picture of mom and dad, a phone, etc. Elena took the phone and dialed 666. So, there you go.

Is she ever going to listen and participate? Why does she get like this every Monday night? Is she really the devil? We'll just keep plugging away...

8 comments:

Lisa said...

haha! I don't think its devil.... I think its terrible 2's! that and being able to sense that you're wanting their attention, and its something important. My kids still know how to work the system, grrrrr!

Anna said...

I can relate.
Is that the new nursery manual?

Briana said...

Anna: yeah its the new nursery manual - its pretty sweet. :)

Amy said...

666. That's awesome:)

Christy said...

she looks pretty evil to me. :)

i can also relate. sophie gets possessed every time i nurse lincoln. considering that's how i spend about 12 of the 24 hours in a day, she's pretty naughty. :)

Liz said...

Thanks for the laugh! I love that she dialed 666. I also love the image of Eric filling a pillowcase with things she loves. You're such good parents!

The Hulls said...

Thats really funny that she dialed 666! She is too cute! Hey, I'm putting our blog back to private, email me at jmachull@gmail.com if you would like to be invited.

Me said...

HAHAHA! I love my niece! :)

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06