Monday, July 27, 2009

24th of July

We had an awesome weekend celebrating the 24th of July (Pioneer Day). It's funny because growing up in the northwest, I had no concept of Pioneer Day, except for once, in primary when we still lived in Oregon, we had a Pioneer day activity. But, I think all of us were pretty clueless and just thought we were randomly talking about the pioneers. :)

Eric took Friday off of work, and so Thursday night we headed up to Christy and Tom's to spend the night and stake out a spot for the big parade that goes right in front of their house. We had a blast talking, playing games, and eating good food. Christy and I really got a kick out of Tom and Eric's entrepreneurial moment of the night, when they tried to set-up Rock Band outside and charge kids to play it. (It didn't work too well... deep down they are softies and when the kids said they didn't have any money, they just let them play anyway. hehe...)

Elena and Sophie thought the idea of a sleepover was pretty dang awesome. They were so excited as we got them ready for bed and it was fun to wake up in the morning to the sound of them talking and laughing together in their seperate cribs. We're excited for many more sleepovers as they get older.

The Parade on friday was really fun - and hot! I realized that this parade was one of the first that I have ever just watched instead of participating in. It was a different experience for me, but I really enjoyed it! One of the highlights of the parade was when we saw President and Sister Eyring drive by. It took a while to register when we read the name on the car. President Eyring is on the right with the cowboy hat on. And check out all those bodyguards. Intense. :)

Our little crew, minus Tom and me.Cute girl, enjoying the parade
After the parade, we went to Liberty Park, so the girls could play in the water - it is huge! Then we rounded out the day at Mom and Dad Hoffman's where we had an excellent barbecue and fireworks. Thanks to all who helped to make our weekend so great!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Love the pictures! I especially like the one of Eric & Christy with the girls. Reminds me of all the years of "dating pictures." We had a great time with everyone! I'm so glad you're close (and willing to come and hang out with us).

Christy said...

good times. i'm glad you included the rock band fiasco as i forgot to. silly boys. :)

Amy said...

So sad we weren't there. I just wish people liked us more and invited us to sleepovers and stuff.

Anna said...

Just catching up. Isn't Liberty Park great?
Sounds like so much fun.

Lisa said...

HOW FUN!!!! I also like the pic of Christy and Eric w/ girls. too cute!

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06