The Bone Marrow Aspirate went well and the oncologist got a good sample. She told us that we would have official results the next day (today - Tuesday), but that the pathologist would send them the "leftover" slides and the could take a preliminary look and give us a call that evening (yesterday - Monday). She called us Monday night to tell us that from what she could see, everything looked clear and to rest easy!!! Wonderful news.
We waited and waited today, but got no phone call. Finally, 20 minutes before clinic closed, we called the oncologist again to ask for results. She said that she had been busy and had not been able to get ahold of pathology before they closed. SO... we will get the official word tomorrow. But, she did say that she probably would have heard from them already if there was a problem, so that is a good sign. :)
We'll let you know the official word when we get it, but it appears that we are in the clear!! Merry Christmas to us! Thank you SO much for all your prayers, fasts, and thoughtfulness. We feel so loved.
*****Post Edit Update: It's official - THERE IS NO RELAPSE!!!!!!! :) ******
11 comments:
I've felt so optomistic since seeing Elena's numbers going up, but of course, won't completely relax until we've heard the final word. I've been waiting all day, as have you, so please let us know. I am so proud of you! You're amazing!
YAY!!! I'm also going to take that as good news! and I'm so glad she is home!
That is GOOD news. I've been thinking so much about little Elena and you guys this week. Let us know when you hear the "official" word.
Wonderful!
YAY!!! I am overjoyed to hear this! Merry Christmas to all!
(thanks for the text-- I raced right over. :))
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas to Elena!!!
YAY!
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Make A Wish, here she comes!!! What awesomely wonderous news!!! I have been crying so much lately, good cries, wondering cries...well, I know you know the rollercoaster!!! There have been so many people praying...I get posts on my FB acct all the time asking about how you guys are doing, and to let us know that you are all, especially Elena, are in their prayers!! Love to all! Mom was supposed to give ALL of you guys hugs for us!
OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY! I am so happy for you guys! Merry Christmas indeed!!
Hooray! Merry Christmas! I'm so happy to hear it.
What a relief! We have had you in our prayers throughout this weekend. On to a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Post a Comment