Friday morning, we checked out of the village and headed off to The Magic Kingdom to surprise Elena with breakfast at Cinderella's Castle. We met up with Danny, Kristi, and Jackson...
Now I have to tell you, this is the strangest conglomerate of pictures. :) Right after we took this picture, the batteries in our camera died! Ah! And all our fifty sets of spare batteries were in the stroller with Danny and Kristi. :( Fortunately, part of our dining package included pictures with Cinderella by the Disney photographers:
Before we went up to eat, Elena got to talk with Cinderella

Admiring :)


And then Sleeping Beauty saved us! She noticed that we weren't snapping any pictures and got our waiter to hook us up with a complimentary disposable camera. Like I said, the service was so great! We were so happy to be able to still get pictures of the princess breakfast. So, the rest of these breakfast pictures are from the disposable camera (which we totally had forgotten how to use!).
Her knight in shining armor. Notice the "popped" foot. So dreamy. :)
On the staircase that led up to the dining hall at the top of the castle - she looks like she belongs there, huh?
Eating breakfast
During breakfast the princesses come around and visit with you at your table. With Belle:
I thought the look on her face in this picture was so awesome
Waving her sword
Sleeping Beauty who rescued us from our cameralessness
After breakfast, we set off towards Toon Town to meet Belle as promised and we ran into Pooh and Tigger.


More Eskimo Kisses


When we got to the Hall of Fame we told the worker at the front of the princess meeting line that Belle asked us to meet her at 12:30. She looked at her clipboard, found Elena's name, and then someone escorted us up the back hallway to the back door of the room where the princesses were waiting. They told us it would be just a minute and we heard people over their walkie-talkies talking about closing down the waiting lines because a wish child was going to have a private session with the princesses.
A moment later, we were escorted into the (empty) room where Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and the Belle we had met before were waiting for Elena.

Between the breakfast and this meeting, Elena's face was covered in kisses. :)



Elena enjoyed her time with all the princesses, but Belle was the highlight. Again, we just couldn't get over the sweetness of this Belle. She just doted on Elena. She really made it such a special time for all of us -the perfect culmination of Elena's wish to meet the princesses.







Elena was in heaven - she had the princesses all to herself for a good twenty minutes!



We just love the sweet, sweet lady who played Belle and gave Elena - and all of us - such great memories. I was so happy that the last day of our trip Elena got to spend so much time being her social little self with so many characters and princesses. It was the perfect ending.
I don't even know what to say here at the end. I don't know how many more times I should spout off how magical it was and how amazing Make A Wish has been. I could go on forever and you're probably sick of hearing it over and over and over again. :)
But the thing that has almost been more incredible is that our Make A Wish experience hasn't ended with the end of the trip. While Elena's been in the hospital recently, she's had no less than three visits from one of her wishgranters, gifts, and a surprise visit and hospital tea party with Belle and the Beast. They are just incredible! You can tell that the people who work with Make A Wish truly believe in what they're doing - taking time out of their busy lives to care about Elena and try to brighten her day when things are rough. Make A Wish always talks about "the power of a wish" - I love that phrase: "the power". We feel that our experience with Make A Wish really has given us power to go on. It has been the most incredible experience for us and has truly provided us with hope, joy, the magic of anticipation, healing, happiness, and good memories to sustain us through the rest of our cancer journey and for the rest of our lives. People's generosity, love, and support have staggered us and lifted us up throughout the whole process. It has all been amazing!
We really hope that you will take time throughout your lives to support and get involved with Make A Wish. It is hard to think of a more worthwhile organization to support- they do so much good. There are local chapters in just about every state and many ways to volunteer. There are many fundraisers for Make A Wish throughout the year as well - things like the Letters to Santa program that Macy's sponsored during Christmas, Make A Wish galas, proceeds donated from renting a car through Avis, etc, etc,. Check www.wish.org and click "find your local chapter". There is information about donating, what fundraisers are going on, how to get involved and more on both the main Make A Wish website and the chapter Make A Wish website. Here is a way to reach out when you feel powerless and make a difference to people who are suffering and tired and hurting. They are the best of the best.
THANK YOU MAKE A WISH!!!
16 comments:
Oh, those kisses on her cheeks are adorable! I love that they hooked you up with a disposable camera; what an awesome touch! And I am so glad she got to have a private meeting with the princesses. It seemed truly magical. I'm so glad she got to go on such a special trip!!
Oh I hate to see it end...but what an experiance. Like you, words cannot express my gratitude to the Make a Wish foundation, All those at disney world, Give a child the world, and Belle for making our sweet Elena's dream come true. Thank you sweetheart for taking the time out of all the craziness to blog about it. I love you all so much.
what do you think of "The Power of a Wish" for the title of Elena's book?
Ah, while I have waited with great anticipation for this posting, I too am very sad to see it come to an end!! What an incredible day, week, etc.!! THANK YOU, MAW!!! You do awesome things!
Elena looks like she is just on Cloud Nine...I am so happy that you got a camera...those pics are once-in-a-lifetime shots!
Elena absolutely looks like she belongs in the castle along with the rest of the Princesses! I wouldn't be a bit afraid to bet that one of these days, she will be right there with them, making wishes come true for other kids like her!!
Thank you, Bri...it was just a magical adventure...for all of us!!
AND, I love the title your mom is thinking of using for Elena's book! It is so very fitting!! Hugs to all!!!
Wow. I've loved reading about your amazing experience. I'm so glad you got to do it. I had no idea what an incredible organization Make A Wish was. Hooray for the wonderful memories!!!
I pulled into a Walmart parking lot yesterday, and ended up parking right next to a car with a Make A Wish magnet. I thought of you guys, and am so happy that you've had such a wonderful and lifting experience! MAW really is awesome!!
Man, I'm just sitting here crying through the whole thing! Make a Wish really is amazing, awesome, magical etc!!! I love all of the kisses on Elena's face and how they stopped the line so Elena could go in... sooo neat!!
So crazy! It's been so fun to read about the whole thing and see your pictures. What an incredible organization and great people. Hooray!
I have loved reading your posts about the trip and I totally "get" that feeling of overwhelming gratitude...with no adequate way to truly express all the emotion you feel about all the love and support you have received....
Please know that you and Elena are in our prayers and we'll be praying extra hard as she goes through this new phase! Hang in there...you are doing awesome!
I am so sad that your Make-A-Wish posts are over now. I have seriously looked forward to each one. (Sometimes I would even check your blog twice a day to see if you'd posted something - oh boy, I must be a bit crazy). Anyways, it has been a joy seeing Elena's magical experience and the incredible experience it has been for your family. Thank you so much for sharing it with us people out here on the web! :)
That is such a magical trip for the whole family. It was fun reading about all of the great memories y'all made. The Make A Wish people are miracle workers!
What a wonderful week! I wish you could relive it over and over again! I'm so grateful to MAW for making it happen. I had no idea they did so much . . . not only in giving you the trip (which is huge), but all the extra care. It's truly amazing. You made memories you'll never forget. (And how kind to notice the lack of a camera and provide you with one!)
I am absolutely not a princess person. I don't understand the appeal at all. But, man, if Elena's sweetness hasn't made me all choked up! What a sweet little thing!
Make a Wish is the bomb.com. Kent was so cool to come to your hospital room that one night! How many women do you think Disney world employees as princesses?!?!
simply amazing. those pictures of elena and belle are the sweetest thing ever. i never knew how freaking cool make a wish was until hearing all about your experience. SOOOO awesome.
Such a great trip you guys had! So glad you got to go, and it was so wonderful! That Belle, seriously awesome. Did Elena ever wonder how Belle (and the other princesses) could be in more then 1 place at a time? or looked different? haha, good times!
I'm so sad to see these recaps come to an end. Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful story with us Briana, it was so fun reading about your magical trip!
Post a Comment