Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Service Project Commitments/Progress

*UPDATE 1* IMPORTANT!!! TIME AND LOCATION HAVE CHANGED!!!

Saturday, March 19th from 9am-2pm
Cultural Hall at: 114 S 400 W Orem (please note this address is different!)

Blood drive, food, and socializing will be happening the whole time. Service project will be from about 11am-1pm. Please plan on having all service project items there by 10:30am. Thanks!*

UPDATE 2 *Primary's gets between 160-180 new Hem/Onc patients a year. That would be an ambitious goal indeed. Let's see how many months worth we can get. One month = 15 kits.*

Please comment on this thread for us to keep track of donations for Elena's party. There is a tracking bar on the right, so you can see where we could use help. Comment for mailing address.

If you have no idea what we're talking about, go here. :) Thanks!

20 comments:

Anna said...

I'm going to send 3 cancer books

nsudburyfam said...

We will be there, but I'm not eligible to donate blood until 3/26. I'm not sure if they budge on that at all, but if they do, I'll donate!!

Unknown said...

Hi Briana! Put me down for the blood drive! :) I also want to donate items for the kits, but I'll get back to you with exactly what I'll be donating.

Jack said...

Danny wants to donate blood.

Amy said...

woohoo!! I made the sidebar!!

Anonymous said...

please contact me I will for sure donate. I don't know your family but heard about this from a friend.

Kay

Briana said...

Spoke with Kay, her family is giving 4 gas cards!

Joseph & Shaylee said...

Thanks for all your wonderful comments- you're right it is a bit scary to think about going down the pregnancy road again. I will definitely look into shortened lutesl phases. I don't know if that was what the doctor may think was happening.

I've been thinking about your family a lot recently. You have so much on your plate, and you seem to keep it together so well. I can't even imagine what you deal with daily. I think you're incredible and I sure hope things start looking up ( way up) for you soon. You sure need a brake.

I wish that there was a way I could help lift tour burdens a little. But I guess that is why we blog, to journal, share our experiences, and make uplifting comments for others.
:)

Latu said...

put me down for 5 blankets

Christy said...

i have about three stuffed animals that i think would work (i know amy has a ton... so i don't know if you even need any more), and we would like to donate 15 chapsticks. i'll keep watching the tracker and see where else our help is needed as we get closer.

Cassidy @ Thrillingly Thrifty said...

I just bought fabric to make 20 bags...I'm hoping to throw together a sewing night with ladies from my ward to get them all done, and perhaps we can get more put together. We'll have to see. But definitely 20.

Amy said...

We have 4 chapsticks and 1 travel baby lotion. And I told you 50 stuffed animals- but I just counted and there are actually 32 (a bunch were already used). We can get more if needed but it looked like Christy was donating some too. Do you want coloring books? I have a bunch from Mom and Dad and I'm sure they have more.

Briana said...

Amy: yes to coloring books - we'll put those in the "activities" category. thanks!

Briana said...

Thanks everyone!!! :)

Amy said...

Our favorite games are Rack-o-, Word on the Street, Bang, Mystery of the Abbey, Settlers of Catan, Power Barons, Ticket to Ride....

Yeah, we had a coupon to rent a game from BBR once, it's cool because you can use the money from your rental towards a new purchase-if I remember correctly.

I found out that MSU is having a blood drive tomorrow, so I'm planning on that! Yea!!

The Copelands said...

I think I can make it!! I'll confirm by that week. It's Scott's spring break and he is itching to get out somewhere, but I think we'll be back by saturday. Yeah!!

Amy said...

My Bishop and His wife (Joel and Christina Herd) just commented on my blog that they will come give blood and are donating 6 travel size lotions which they will give me to bring. I have 3 sudoku books (although 2 say "for your vacation" ... so maybe we shouldn't use those) and 14 coloring/activity/sticker books.

Piano Mom said...

Your service project idea is BRILLIANT! I love that you are doing it. We loved the help that we were given when we were inpatient.

I think that one gift that was especially helpful for us was when someone gave us a $40 gift card to the PCMC Cafe downstairs. With living at the hospital and having to eat there for 7 months it helped so much to have a gift card for food!

I love reading your blog! You are so positive and upbeat and yet you can still explain the awful feelings of having a child with cancer and what they are going through.

I am really interested in your new hospital stays for Elena. How many days is she there for each round? I wish we were there to keep you company. Erin also had reactions to Ativan. It always made her more hysteric rather than more calming. She pretty much lived on Zofran to control the nausea.

We love you guys so much and we hope that someday both our families can get together and enjoy something fun without any cancer.

Oh, and I have a million questions to email you on facebook about your MAW trip. So, be looking for a message from me.

Christy said...

amy, mom and i are working on getting some doctor kits together. i'm not sure how many yet, but i will keep you posted.

Diane Ogborn said...

Forrest and I would love to donate blood. If you can give us the latest appointments, that would help for Forrest to get off work.

Cedar Waxwing

Cedar Waxwing
by Eric Hoffman 12/23/06