A big thank you to everyone who has donated to Team Elena's efforts so far! Your support is so appreciated. We have reached our first goal of $1000 and want to keep right on going. You can track our progress on the sidebar. -->
The Salt Lake City CureSearch Walk as a whole has a goal to raise $50,000 this year for the first walk here. We are at approximately $37,000 with a little less than one week to go. Let's all help push Team Elena and the SLC walk over the edge to our goals!! Never underestimate the power of giving even just a few dollars. I hope no one feels like just because they can't give hundreds of dollars that they just shouldn't give at all. Lots of people giving just a little bit can accomplish great things. $5 makes a difference! Together we can find a cure! Every little bit gets us toward that goal.
And with only 5 days left until walkday, now is the time: don't forget to sign up to walk with Team Elena (either joining us for a fantastic morning in SLC or to be a virtual walker)!! Click the link on the right to get signed up.
Two more things:
1. If you'll be walking with us (or even if you won't, but you just want one), we'll be wearing our "Team Elena" shirts (same as last year). We need to get you hooked up with one if you don't have one, but we need to know ASAP because we only have a week! :) Here's what to do: either 1. buy a plain white shirt, label the tag with your name, and get it to me, so I can put the transfer on it or 2. send me money/bring money to the walk and tell me your size and I'll buy your plain white shirt, add the transfer, and bring it to the walk for you. Also, CureSearch will be giving their 2011 walk shirts to any team members who raised at least $100 (to their name). (Please note that it's not like last year at the LTN walk - you will only get a CureSearch shirt if you have $100 or more attached to your name.) Call, e-mail, text, or leave a comment if you need a "Team Elena" shirt.
2. Here is an awesome way to support help raise money for CureSearch - eat for the cure at Tonyburgers!
Tonyburgers in SLC and Centerville are donating 100% of their proceeds from July 2-8th to CureSearch. Amazing! Plus, they have good food. :) On July 8th, there will be a "closing" party to celebrate the week at the SLC location from 11am-2pm. So, if you're in the SLC area (or even Utah in general - make it a SLC date! :)), please go eat at Tonyburgers this week!


4 comments:
Looking forward to Saturday! Cute picture of Elena.
Yay for the cancer walk. And can I just say that Elena is the cutest kid in glasses that I've ever seen. Seriously, CUTE!!!!!!
I have a question about the walk. A lot of my friends and I want to walk. But, we are a little confused about the registration. Can we register there at the park? Or do we have to register online and through a team? Or when we register can we choose a team at the park? Either way, I would LOVE to walk. My dream is to be a pediatric oncologist.
Please get back to me!
My email address is: mypurplecircle at gmail dot com.
Thank you SO much.
Meghan.
Meghan,
I sent you an e-mail, but just in case you see this first, here is the information again:
I'm so sorry I didn't see your comment earlier today and am just now getting back to you. I hope you get this in time. It would be awesome for all of you to come to the walk!
You can register any way you want. :) You can register online - go to www.curesearchwalk.org/saltlakecity and then you can search by team to find the team you want to sign up with (we would of course, love to have you join our team if you are looking for one :)). There is a little box on the bottom left of the SLC homepage that says "team rank" and you can click "more" to see a list of all the teams. Once you find the team, click "join team" to get signed up.
Or you can register the day of at the walk. Just go to the registration table and they can tell you all the different teams and you can choose one.
If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thanks!
Post a Comment